You have probably noticed that I have been posting a
little lot less frequently lately. A couple of insanely difficult grad classes along with a few new nutrition gigs have got me running around like a mad woman this summer. The good news is that I am starting my final graduate school class this week (yipee!) and it is largely focused on using online communication tools (hooray!) so I expect to bring you new and fresh content soon.
So what has been going on lately? Well, I’ve been doing one-on-one nutrition counseling through The Sports Club/LA in downtown Boston, have done a few corporate wellness workshops, and am working on offering a brand new Eat Simply service that will help folks suffering from food allergies and sensitivities. I am also happy to say that despite the less frequent posting, Eat Simply was nominated for a couple of awards. The first award is from the Institute for the Psychology of Eating as a “Top 40 Nutrition Blog” . The second is from a fellow dietitian and blogger, Lauren O’Conner of Nutri-Savvy. She is doing some great things with raw foods lately so definitely check out her site.
The fun doesn’t stop here though. This is an award that keeps on giving! The rules for this award are….
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
- Include a link to their site.
- Include the award image to your post.
- Include the award image on your blog.
- Give 7 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
- When nominating other bloggers, include links to their sites.
- Let those bloggers know they have been nominated.
So, the blogs that I would like to nominate are the following 15 that have sites that keep me coming back time and time again for recipes and great info. (in no particular order):
1. Maryann Tomovich Jacobsen – Raise Healthy Eaters
2. Kara Lydon – Peace, Love, and Food
3. Jessica Maillet – A Fete For Food
4. Janel Ovrut Funk – Eat Well Withe Janel
5. Janet Newell Bissex and Liz Weiss – Meal Makeover Moms
6. Lauren O’Connell – Nutri-Savvy
7. Lisa Leake – 100 Days of Real Food
8. David Grotto – Nutrition House Call
9. Allison Knott – Choice Habit Life
10. Janet Helm – Nutrition Unplugged
11. EA Steward – The Spicy RD
12. Brooke Shantz - Bitchin’ Nutrition
13. Regan Jones – The Professional Palate
14. Alysa – Inspired RD
15. Rebecca Subbiah – Chow and Chatter
Happy blog reading!
Whoops! Just realized that I did not add in 7 random facts so here I go:
1. I make jewelry from beads, art metal clay and various other materials and it as gifts or sell in my Mom’s shop in Westford, MA called Ecletique
2. I love, LOVE to bike ride It has always been my preferred form of exercise.
3. My name, Ayla, is from a book called “Clan of the Cave Bears” by Jane Auel. My character is a strong, medicine woman which I think is pretty cool.
4. I have an overweight cat that I adopted in Philadelphia, when I was teaching nutrition in the schools, named Hoagie. He has markings that make him look like he has a mustache and goatee.
5. Oh, here is a good one! I used to have a very strong aversion to fish and can not pinpoint any single event that led to this aversion. So, I was hypnotized and now I love fish!
6. I am a bit obsessed with fruit and vegetable paraphernalia. I have note cards, pens, art, and various trinkets. I especially love my vintage Campbell’s tablecloth with pictures of food and the calories listed.
7. My favorite holiday is Halloween and I have at least 4 huge plastic bins of decorations in my basement- including a fog machine a giant plastic wall coverings.